Our property lawyers deal with transactions relating to residential and commercial property.
Known as real estate law, it covers areas such as conveyancing (buying and selling of property), leasing agreements, property finance, remortgaging, mortgage and lending, landlord and tenant agreements, land and neighbour disputes and social housing issues.
Real Estate Lawyer
Property disputes can be extremely stressful, especially if they concern neighbours. Our property lawyers specialise in helping home owners, landlords and tenants to solve any issues in a stress free manner.
Buying or Selling a Property
Unfortunately the conveyancing process does not always run as smoothly as you would want. There could be problems with the mortgage offer, the legal documents or other paperwork. Maybe even with the Land Registry, or the Deeds. This can be the time you need the help from a property solicitor, one well versed in dealing with any legal matters in a prompt and efficient manner.
We can help sort out many of the issues that sometime plague residential conveyancing, as well as issues such as:-
- Possession and rent recovery for assured shorthold and protected rent act tenancies.
- Disputes over deposits
- Recovery charges relating to rent and service on long leases
- Claims about the disrepair of property
- Dealing with unlawful occupation of property by squatters
- Planning permission issues
- Boundary disputes
- Enfranchisement issues appertaining to landlords and long leaseholders
- Mortgage disputes
- Misrepresentation of property
As well as providing a full conveyancing service for anyone buying a property, we are also able to offer abortive insurance to our conveyancing clients. For the last two years this has proved very popular as it protects our clients from paying high abortive fees should any conveyancing transaction fail. Please contact us for details.
To talk to one of the Property Law team, please call us on 01787 277375 or use the online form.
We also offer legal services covering areas such as
"Thank you for the work that you and the team at Wayman and Long have put in to ensure that our house purchase went ahead without hitches. We really appreciate your efforts to make the process run so smoothly".
- My husband wants our home in his sole name – can I protect myself?He says because I part-own a flat there would be an issue with stamp duty, but I don’t feel comfortableQ We are buying our next family home. My husband wants it in his sole name (both on the mortgage and at the Land Registry) but this makes me feel uneasy. He says it doesn’t matter […]
- UK inflation: what it means for house prices, savings and pay risesWe answer readers’ questions about how the rise in cost of living will affect themThere is no escaping inflation: whether it’s energy, food, transport or entertainment you are paying for, prices are going up – and at pace.Once again this week’s headlines have been dominated by the latest figures – on Wednesday we learned that […]
- Outside the box: creative solutions in a London flatResin tables, chip shop counters, a bathtub in the office… Meet the architect whose flat is a laboratory of bright ideasWhen Alex Holloway first watched the Verve’s music video for their 1997 Lucky Man single, he found his attention wandering from the guitar-strumming, Mod-mopped lead singer to the interior. The location was a quintessentially 90s […]